Adding on to Swing Sets: Inspiration & Accessories
The swing set your kids adore and love to play on can grow right alongside them! For high-quality customizable products, adding on to swings sets is a great option to make their favorite outdoor toy even better! This is an excellent way to make the set more fun for older kids and to ensure they always have new ways to play.
At Adventure World Play Sets, we build deluxe vinyl playsets that kids of all ages can enjoy. When you have one of our pieces in your backyard, you can make them bigger, more exciting, and full of extra ways to play! Learn more about adding on to swing sets, see some of the most popular options, and bring home your fully-customizable playset!
7 Swing Set Add-On Ideas
Parents often start by building a standard Adventure World Play Set model — only to then upgrade it as their kids get older and have new interests. This also lets creative parents custom-tailor their kids’ new set precisely for them. These are some of our favorite swing set add-on ideas that enhance tons of different play styles:
- Extra Towers — When adding on to an Adventure World swing set, you can make huge changes over time. By adding one or more extra towers on to your current playset (and the connectors between them), you create exciting new ways to play. More than any other upgrade, this creates the feeling of a brand new set! You also have lots of options for connecting the new towers too. Some of our favorites include crawl tubes, a wobbly bridge or even a swing beam attaching them!
- Climbing Accessories — Adding novel ways to climb the towers on the playset is a great way to introduce a new athletic style of play. There are ample options such as rock walls, fire poles, chain ladders, gangplanks, and more. Whether you add a brand-new tower or you simply add the extra climbing accessories, your kids will be sure to love it.
- Slides — When kids get older, they crave taller and faster slides. (Who can blame them?) We make it easy to upgrade or add new slides to your Adventure World set. Some of our exciting variants include our twisty turbo slides and our ripple rush options. Whether you want to replace the existing slides with the big kid alternatives or simply add them on, you have either option!
See all of our exciting slides!
- A New Swing Beam — Another idea that truly makes your set feel totally different, adding a new swing beam allows you to make room for several new styles of swings. Depending on the size of your yard and how your set is configured, adding a new beam is a great choice.
- New Swings — While our belt swings are the undisputed classic way to swing, there are tons of other intriguing, heart-pumping ways to swing. Some new favorites include ball swings, web swings, and more. Whether you add a new swing beam or simply want to replace some of your current swings, this is one of the easiest upgrades. Plus, you can add a swing for the parents like a hammock swing, and adult love seat or the Easy Rider Glider.
See all of our playset swings right here.
- Adding Monkey Bars — This is one of the most popular swing set add-on ideas, and it isn’t hard to see why. Adding monkey bars to a swing set provides an entirely new and athletic way to play. Plus, the challenge of monkey bars, or overhead climbers as we call them, is meant to appeal to older kids, too.
- Imagination Accessories — While the majority of these swing set add-on ideas are meant to get the blood pumping, there’s always room for imaginative play, too. Some of the best upgrade options are ones that encourage a child to think big and to tell their own stories. Ranging from small to big, these add-ons include working spotlights and our lemonade stand play area.
Discover more about what makes for creative playsets.
Quality Construction Comes First
One of the reasons that adding on to swing sets is a possibility is due to the high-quality custom nature of everything we craft. One of the downsides of a cheap playset is that you won’t be able to request or make any modifications to it once it’s in your yard.
In addition to being upgradeable, the heavy-duty quality of Adventure World Play Sets brings a few other unbeatable qualities. Firstly, our vinyl playsets will last for decades in the elements without ever needing to be repainted or re-stained. In addition to that, our sets are built to be extremely sturdy, ensuring that they are always safe and strong for your kids.
Start Adding on to Your Swing Set Right Now
If adding on to a swing set is something you can see yourself wanting to do, make sure you invest in a quality set that can be easily customized as your kids grow. However, if you already have an Adventure World Play Set in your backyard, we’d love to help you upgrade it. In both cases, the first step is finding your nearest Adventure World dealer, who can help you design your add-on, handle the installation, and give you a price.
Enter your zip code at the top of this webpage to be paired with your nearest dealer — or simply contact us right now!