Great Winter Family Activities to Pair with Your Playset
Picture the perfect snow day: a foot of snow blankets on the ground, no school for the kids, and no one is going anywhere! You’ll worry about clearing the driveway later — right now, all you need to do is enjoy the day with your family!
While your playset is the backyard headquarters for summer fun, it can also pack a TON of excitement in the snow as well. One of the advantages of vinyl playsets is that they are essentially maintenance-free and safe when snow and ice are on the ground. While wooden playsets require maintenance to make it through the winter, all you need to do with a vinyl set is enjoy!
While you can still slide, swing, and run around, there are a ton of other winter family activities that go along with your Adventure World playset. Check out some ideas below — and have tons of fun with your family this upcoming winter!
6 Winter Family Activities
“Snow day” is one of the favorite phrases in every kid’s vocabulary. How do you make it even better? Your Adventure World playset. Check out just a few of the great ways you can use your swing set or playset to enhance your winter family activities — plus, you can always let your imagination run wild and invent your own great snow games, too!
Just remember — no matter the time of year, safety first needs to be your motto when having a breathless and fun adventure outside.
- Snowball Grand Prix On your mark, get set, go! It may sound simple, but your kids will love this idea and so will you! Requiring a swing set with a slide, you’ll roll up a snowball for each racer, and then roll each of them down the slide at the same time — first to the bottom wins. Plus, a twisty or windy slide makes the race extra exciting.
- Winter Olympics A winter obstacle course using your playset as the centerpiece. Set up stations around your snowy yard and challenge the kids to complete them all. Events can include hopping a snow hurdle, handling the overhead climbers, or scaling the rock wall and the landing at the bottom of the slide.
- Building a Snow Fort Chances are your Adventure World playset already feels like the ultimate fantasy castle to your kids — but all of that snow makes the perfect opportunity to build a snow fort around it. Pack a few extra walls of snow to fortify the defenses, and let your kids’ imaginations go into overdrive! Learn more about how playsets grow your children’s imagination.
- Hot Chocolate Shop The lemonade stand/ice cream shop is one of our most popular playset accessories for summer fun. One of the best winter family activities involves turning your playset into a hot chocolate stand. Your kids will love serving and drinking piping-hot cups of cocoa with cookies in the snow.
- Snowball Fight A classic winter family activity whether or not you have an Adventure World playset in your backyard, for some a snowball fight is synonymous with winter fun. Your playset makes for great cover to duck behind to escape the barrage, and it offers a great vantage point from which to lob your snowy missiles.
- Snowball Target Practice If snowball fights aren’t exactly your cup of hot cocoa, you can still enjoy packing and hurling snowballs when you take aim at your set. You can aim for certain hard-to-hit parts like the trapeze rings and keep score of who has the best icy aim! Don’t worry — your Adventure World set is built tough to handle anything.
Planning Your Playset During the Winter
While you might not expect it, winter is a great time to plan the playset your family will cherish for years to come. Although you’re most excited to have it for those warm spring days and long summer nights, winter is a great time to make your choice, too!
Since Adventure World Play Sets are totally customizable, you can design every swing, slide and all the accessories to be perfect for your kids and your backyard. Try our customizable 3D design center to create a playset unique to you! While it might not be your typical winter family activity, keeping warm and designing your dream playset for summer can be fantastic!Try Our 3D Design Center
Adventure World Play Sets are sold across the country through our specialized dealer network. To find your nearest dealer and get a quote, just enter your zip code!