3D Playset Design Center
Adventure World Play Sets is all about bringing the imagination to life — for kids and parents alike. Sometimes the best way to kick your outdoor fun into high gear is with a kids playset. We’re more than happy to help you bring that to fruition.
While we always make custom designed sets available to our fans, we’re proud to announce our new 3D playset design center. Towers, swings, slides, colors, and more — it’s all up to you! With our 3D design center, you’re in the director’s chair when designing your very own set, from the (literal) ground up.
Check out our playset design center right now — or get the basics of how to use our software and see some awesome examples of custom playsets we’ve built using the software.3D Design Center – Design Your Own Custom Playset!
How to Use Our 3D Design Center
Before jumping right in, check out our instructions on how to get started designing your swing set or playset. If you ever need help when using the playset design center, click the big question mark! You can use the icons along the bottom of the screen to zoom in, rotate the perspective, or move around.
NOTE: the 3D Design Center is currently not compatible with web browsers Safari and Internet Explorer.
- Choose Your Mulch — The first thing to do is to choose whether or not you want a base of rubber mulch — and what color you want. Mulch is totally optional, but can coordinate to the color of your playset. You can also change your mind and add mulch after you design your set. Read more to learn about playground mulch.
- Pick and Place Your First Tower — Choose your tower from the available sidebar options — this will be the base that all of your swing beams, slides, ladders, and other connectors will attach to. Keep in mind, you may need to rotate or adjust the perspective in order to see your tower completely.
- Choose Your First Connectors, Slides, or Swings — If you desire a larger set, you’ll want to add another tower with a connector, such as a tube or bridge. If you only need one tower for your set, you’ll want to start selecting your swing beams and slides. Whether you add a tower, swing beams, or something else, highlight the part you want in the sidebar and connect it by using the yellow “connection point” dots.
- Add Your Swings — In many ways, the swings are the star of the show. You’ll want to add them now. Once you have your swing beams in place, select your individual swings. To do this, you can drag the swings to the yellow connection points on the swing beams.
- Add Playset Entrances — Ladders, rock walls, grand staircases, and many other options. In the same way you add other features, you’ll match the yellow attachment dots to the connection points on your towers.
- Add Roofs, Extras, and Accessories — This is where you add the unique touches that make the custom playset truly unique. At this point, you’ll be very familiar matching the connection points to the appropriate areas. Learn more about our most popular playset accessories.
- Customize Your Color — Now that you’ve got the pieces in place, it’s time to customize the color of your playset. Almost every single piece has a few color options. Click on an individual piece and then click the paint brush to see your color options.
Sample Custom Playsets and Swing Sets
The very best custom playset is the one you design that you know your kids will love. If you need a little inspiration to get started, check out some of the custom sets we’ve made using the 3D design center.
Custom Happy Hideout — This playset uses our beloved Happy Hideout tower as a base. We added a ripple slide, a ladder, and a rock wall onto the tower. We then connected a swing beam with 3 swings and an overhead climber monkey bars attachment.
Beefed-Up Busy Basecamp — For this exciting set we turned our Busy Basecamp into the center of a happening swing set. For starters, we attached a series of slides and gangplanks onto our busy basecamp towers. Then we further added onto the set with a bridge and another tower, a swing beam, and an overhead climber.
Jumbo Set — The biggest set we’ve ever built, this jumbo play center is close to ninety feet of outdoor fun, complete with 7 slides, 7 swings, tons of towers, and countless accessories. A playset this big could only be designed with our 3D design center — and it was actually built for real, too!
Find Your Adventure World Play Sets Dealer
After you have your custom playset designed, the next step is to have it built in your very own backyard. In order to bring the playset off the computer screen and into the backyard, you need an Adventure World Playset dealer.
Enter your zip code in order to open the design center, and you’ll be automatically set up with your dealer.Try Our 3D Design Center