Building a Swing Set vs Buying One
There’s no doubt that a playset is one of the best outdoor toys for almost any kid. The combination of heart-pumping swinging, sliding, and running around your yard just can’t be beat. If you know for sure that you’re going to treat your family to an outdoor set, the question becomes should you build it yourself or buy it. We’re here to help — that’s why in today’s blog we’re breaking down building a swing set vs buying it!
At Adventure World Play Sets, we craft a wide range of backyard swing sets and playsets that kids all across the country love. Keep reading to learn more about building a swing set vs buying a swing set and what we recommend.
6 Problems with Building Your Own Playset
In theory, building your own playset is a great idea. You get to save money while enjoying a fun outdoor project that your kids will absolutely love. In practice, though, there are numerous pitfalls that can make the DIY project a nightmare. Learn the 6 biggest issues with building your own playset that should encourage you to leave it in the hands of a professional builder:
- Can’t Guarantee Safety — All of our playsets are carefully designed and extensively tested to ensure they are safe to support high-energy play — when built correctly. When you build your own set, you’re simply giving it your best shot and hoping that it looks safe enough for your kids. In addition, if you build the set out of wood, there’s always the risk of your kids getting splinters — which is why ALL of our sets are sheathed in protective vinyl.
Learn more about the safety guarantees of our heavy-duty playsets.
- DIY Sets Are Smaller — Since our playsets are designed and crafted by teams of experienced builders, they can be extremely large. For even the most DIY savvy homeowner, building your own three-story playset will be near impossible, and you’ll have to settle for something small. However, when it comes to Adventure World Play Sets, there’s no such thing as too big!
- Lack Exciting Accessories — While the swings and slides will always be the centerpieces of a great set, the add-ons and accessories can add an extra layer of fun. Our sets can come with numerous accessories such as built-in spotlights, telescopes, fireman poles, rock walls, and so much more which might be inaccessible for DIYers.
- Won’t Have the Professional Look — This is the cosmetic angle of building a swing set vs buying a professional option. All of our sets are wrapped in gorgeous high-quality vinyl and come in a range of attractive colors. While homemade sets don’t necessarily look bad, they don’t have the same professional luster.
- Take a Ton of Time — Building your own playset is extremely time consuming, even if you are building a fairly small set. Most parents think they can accomplish this task over a weekend, only to find themselves sinking tons of time into the project. In fact, many DIY projects are never completed.
- No Manufacturer Backing — Here’s another advantage when looking at building a swing set vs buying one. When you buy from a trustworthy builder like Adventure World Play Sets, you have a guarantee that your set will be built well and provide your children lasting outdoor fun!
Take a look at our warranties right here.
Design Your Own Set with Us
While we don’t recommend building your own playset in the backyard, that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t have access to a 100% custom set designed just for your kids. That’s why we created our 3D Playset Design Center. This unique program allows you to design a fully custom playset in a short time. You can even submit that design to our dealers to get a quote to build it in your backyard.Try Our 3D Design Center
While our design center is created to be extremely user friendly, if you want to learn more before you get started, read this helpful blog.
Building a Swing Set vs Buying: Get Your Quote Today
We hope that our expertise was able to shed light on building a swing set vs buying it — and that you’re inspired to bring home one of our ultra-fun sets. If you’re ready to get started, our dealers are standing by. We make all of our playsets available through our skilled dealer network. The next step is to enter your zip code and find your nearest dealer who can handle everything from design to installation!Find Your Nearest Dealer