What Makes for the Safest Swing Sets for Your Kids?
When you’re a parent, your children’s safety is always the top priority. That means you want your kids to eat the safest food, go to the safest schools, and even play in the safest way possible. That’s why when you’re looking for the safest swing sets for your kids — you’re in the right place.
At Adventure World Play Sets, safety is our top priority, too. That’s why our top-rated premium playsets and swing sets are built to ensure they are sturdy for years of play. Learn the traits that ALL of the safest swing sets have — and explore the catalog of our top-rated playsets you can buy today!
7 Traits of Safe Playsets and Swing Sets
If you’re like most parents we know, you care a whole lot more about the safety features of a playset than the price tag. But if you’re going to invest in a playset for your backyard, you want to be 100% sure the set is built safe — AND has added safety features to help protect your kids while they play.
Adventure World Play Sets rank among the safest swing sets and playsets because we design for both your children’s excitement and for their safety. Here are the features to look for when deciding on the playset or swing set for your backyard:
- Covered in Durable Vinyl to Prevent Splinters — The safest swing sets are surrounded in top quality vinyl for multiple reasons. Not only does vinyl protect the wooden frame from the elements, but it also protects young hands from splinters. The coating on your playset may seem insignificant, but to us, it’s highly important. A wood set, regardless of the type of wood, splinters as it ages. A vinyl swing set makes sure your children never get splinters from their swing set.
- Two Ground Anchors for Each Swing Beam — Making sure your set is securely fastened to the ground is one of the most important security guarantees. Having two anchors for each swing beam ensures that your set won’t tip over in high winds. Every single Adventure World Playset is built to those specifications to guarantee safety — unfortunately though, not having enough ground anchors is a common problem in some cheaper playsets.
- Guaranteed Free of Rot — When the wooden playsets start to rot, it can prove dangerous for your kids to play on. As the mold and rot claims the wood-only frame, the frame loses its structural integrity and can actually collapse under your kids’ weight. That is why ALL Adventure World Play Sets are covered in vinyl to protect the USA-forested wood frame, making sure this never happens to you. In fact, the vinyl covering is responsible for our playsets’ legendary 20+ year lifespan. Learn more about playset and swing set lifespan right here.
- Rubber Coated Swing Chains — Another trait that all of the safest swing sets have in common, you should make sure that any set you buy has rubber coated swing chains. The rubber padding makes sure that your kids will never pinch or hurt their hands on the metal chain itself.
- Strong Fasteners — Any playset you buy needs to be tough enough to handle the most active and rambunctious play your kids can throw at it. Unfortunately, many budget swing sets are only fastened using wooden lags to connect the swing beams. These wooden fasteners only go halfway into the beam and DON’T provide sufficient security. Especially as the wood ages, the movement of the children on the playset wears the area surrounding the lag screws down, losing the overall strength of the structure However, ALL Adventure World Play Sets are constructed using bolted-through steel angles and fasteners — for maximum strength where it’s needed most.
- Non-Slip Surfaces — When kids are having fun, they’re running and playing fast without a care in the world. We believe it is our job to build sets that make them safer when they’re having a blast. That’s the reason our entrance ladders come with non-slip steps and safety rails. Making sure your children’s playset comes with non-slip surfaces helps to protect them from a nasty slip, trip, or fall. In addition, the wood-grained texture on the playset decking is designed for extra traction.
- Custom Made Rather than Mass Produced — Simply put, when you work too fast, you are more likely to make mistakes. When you’re building swing sets, those mistakes can lead to real injuries. That’s not okay with us, so that’s not how we build. Adventure World Play Sets are built one at a time by real Amish craftsman — rather than being built a thousand at a time in massive factories. This simple difference has a huge impact on the quality of the set, and that’s one reason why we’ll never mass produce our products.
When safety is your primary concern, premium Adventure World playsets are the right choice for you. Our premium sets are built to be the safest swing sets on the market as well as the most exciting.
Top Rated Playsets and Swing Sets
Parents and kids agree that Adventure World Play Sets are the best choice for their backyards. While parents love the quality construction and safety features, kids love the bright colors, exciting accessories, and all of the thrilling ways to play.
The first step in bringing an Adventure World Playset to your backyard is to find your nearest dealer — enter your zip code and get started. If you’d rather design your own playset, check out our 3D Design Center!